Pressure washing provides an amazing benefit of making sure everything looks spotless and new. Pressure washing provides aesthetic benefits but did you know pressure washing ALSO provides the benefits of reducing your legal liability?
If you fail to clean areas like entryways, sidewalks, driveways, or any other high traffic walking areas, slips and falls can happen quite frequently. In fact, according to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 3 million people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries, 800,000 are hospitalized, and in 2015 the total medical costs for falls totaled more than $50 billion. https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/adultfalls.html
Whether you are a business or a homeowner, make sure you are consistently cleaning your entrywalks, driveways, sidewalks, etc to prevent people from falling and filing a personal injury lawsuit with you.
Items that tend to build up on these surfaces that are dangerous:
- Algae and mold
- Foods spills
- Beverage spills
- Dirt, snow, ice, etc.
How to prevent falls:
- Sweep regularly
- Pressure wash your entryways, sidewalks, driveways, etc a couple times a year or whenever you see buildup start to happen
- Hose off any spills or buildup as soon as you see them so they don’t harden on the surface
- Use “wet floor” signs and mats over the area where it is wet and slippery
- Use anti skid paint in areas where moisture and slippery conditions tend to happen
We highly recommend hiring a professional to do this because of several reasons:
- You can damage your own property by applying too much pressure to the area you are spraying.
- You will tend to not use the correct solutions and stick to just using water which just pushes algae and mold around, rather than removing it.
- The cost of renting or buying your own pressure washer ends up being way more money than just hiring a professional. Plus the amount of time it would take you to do it versus a professional.
So not only do pressure washing companies help provide that aesthetic look, but it also helps save you hundreds of thousands of dollars by preventing personal injury lawsuits against you and/or your business.
If you currently live in Utah and are needing pressure washing or mobile detailing services, contact our sister company, AJET Services (801-330-0398 or email@example.com).
Visit our pressure washing, janitorial, detailing and how to blog posts by visiting our “Tips & Tutorials” page.