Truck Mounted or Trailer Mounted Pressure Washer
Are you looking to get into the pressure washing industry? Not sure if you should get a truck mounted or a trailer mounted pressure washer? We have provided some pros and cons for each option to help you decide the best option for you!
- Cheaper than a trailer mount, especially if you already own a truck. If you are a truck owner then all you need to worry about is purchasing your equipment to secure to the bed of your truck.
- A truck mount is more convenient getting started. You don’t need to hook up a trailer or learn to navigate driving with a huge trailer behind you.
- If you want to use your truck for personal use, you will have to unload all of the equipment first. That is unless you want to haul everything in the truck with you.
- Also if you need to leave a job for a little bit, you would need to pack up everything into the truck before you go.
- If something happens to the truck, this will affect you getting to a job, considering someone wouldn’t be able to swing by and pick up the equipment for you to take to the job. Therefore, your business becomes dependent on the truck.
- The type of pressure washing equipment you get will depend on how big your truck bed is. You will need to be mindful of what will fit in the bed and what will not, which will end up limiting your options.
- The looks of a truck mount has less curb appeal to customers.
- There is a higher risk of your equipment getting stolen, primarily because it is attached to a getaway vehicle already.
- If you want to expand your business, using a truck mount can make it more expensive. This is because you will have to end up buying a new truck, insurance for the truck, plus purchasing all of your equipment to put in the truck.
- Trailers can easily be unhooked and stored at your job site or anywhere you need to drop it off at. It can also easily be hooked up to any other vehicles if yours breaks down or gets in an accident.
- Trailers offer more space to add any equipment down the road. You also don’t have to worry about the size of the equipment as much.
- Trailers look more professional and organized to customers.
- There is less risk of it being stolen because a trailer is less appealing to a thief than a truck would be.
- If the trailer is unhooked, a thief would have to figure out how to get a getaway vehicle hooked up to the trailer in order to steal it.
- Trailers are a more expensive option. Not only is the trailer mount more expensive off the bat but adding equipment can raise those prices tremendously.
- Once you buy a trailer this will strictly be used for your pressure washing equipment. You would not be able to easily unload the equipment off in order to use it for any personal uses.
If you currently live in Utah and are needing pressure washing services, contact our sister company, AJET Services (801-330-0398 or email@example.com).
Visit our pressure washing, janitorial, detailing and how to blog posts by visiting our “Tips & Tutorials” page.